Students work independently on their own worksheet, yet collaboratively create a whole-class Apple Tree mosaic when the work is all done!
Four versions of the mosaic are included:
• Basic Area & Perimeter, Diagram
• Basic Area & Perimeter, Word Problems
• Basic Area & Perimeter, Mixed Diagram & Word Problems
• Multi-Step Area & Perimeter (Involves Pythagorean Theorem, Solving for radius, etc.)
All 4 versions can be mix 'n matched to create the same mosaic, so you could differentiate the task for different ability levels if you like.
Every worksheet has a unique set of problems
, yet follows the same order of problem-type! You can confidently have students work together without cheating. Expect to hear good peer-to-peer math conversation and teaching.
• pdf and docx versions of all mosaics (each one containing 20 worksheets)
• Complete answers key giving the colour and numeric answer for all problems on every worksheet
• Students' worksheets have a randomized answer list at the bottom so they can monitor their own understanding.
• A Teaching Tips page, for smooth implementation of this task
If you like this product, be sure the check out my Math Mosaic directory
, sorted by topic, for many collaborative math mosaics (where each worksheet represents a small piece of the larger whole-class mosaic!)
The student buy-in factor is HUGE with these worksheets
Encourage students to check their answers by finding them in the randomized list on their worksheet before they colour each square.
All my “Colouring by…” worksheets use standard pencil-crayon colours found in the Crayola 24 pack. For best results, use the exact colour name match (and encourage quality colouring!). Perhaps a class set of pencil crayons would be a fun math department investment!
Feedback, suggestions, and frontline stories are much appreciated!!
Thanks for checking this out!