Also included in
- Here's a collection of some of my best sellers at a hugely discounted price!This bundle is a great school purchase! There is plenty of collaborative colouring engagement to be had for many classrooms.Some of the products in this bundle are mini bundles in themselves (Chewbacca comes in 4 different$50.00$96.45Save $46.45
- These mosaics are a great way to involve every learner in your class! They provide collaborative motivation through a common goal, while upholding individual accountability since every worksheet has different problems.$44.95$75.55Save $30.60
Each worksheet represents a small section of the big picture! Every student's worksheet has a different set of problems, making them individually accountable while motivating them by the collaborative goal! The end result will look spectacular hanging up in your classroom :)
3 Versions are included (Each with 30 worksheets):
- Linear Equations (1 and 2-step, multi-step, distributing, like-terms)
- Just 1 and 2-Step Equations
- Proportion Equations
You can mix worksheets from the different versions to create one mosaic, if it helps to differentiate the task for varying ability levels.
CHECK OUT THE PRODUCT PREVIEW to see the range of problem types and know exactly what these worksheets involve!
Also, check out two of my other MLK collaborative mosaics! (different image)
Each student's worksheet involves 12 equations, Their answers are used to colour their worksheets based on the colour key. Their sheets combine to create the large mosaic image!
1. Calculate the answers.
2. Colour the squares.
3. Cut out your section.
4. Combine with the class!
- .pdf and editable .docx versions of all files (in zip folder):
- Full class sets of 30 worksheets (all different!) that combine to create the MLK mosaic.
- Scrambled answers at the bottom of each worksheet so students can self-assess their understanding
- Answer keys showing the colour and colour-answer-range key, i.e. red --> [2, 7), for each version.
If you like this product, be sure the check out the whole Collaborative Math Mosaic directory, sorted by topic!
The student buy-in factor is HUGE with these worksheets; they all want to see the finished picture come together! High school students love colouring too! This sure beats textbook homework!
Leave the picture a secret or show it for motivation… it’s your call.
Encourage students to check their answers by finding them in the randomized list on their worksheet before they colour each square. This will increase the accuracy of the final picture!
All my “Colouring by…” worksheets use standard pencil-crayon colours found in the Crayola 24 pack. For best results, use the exact colour name match , stick to one colouring medium, and encourage dark colouring! Perhaps a class set of pencil crayons would be a fun math department investment!
If your class size doesn’t line up with 30, no worries! If you have a small class, in my experience, students are eager to do additional sheets to complete the picture! Or have weaker students work together on a practice sheet before trying a 2nd one on their own.
Feedback, suggestions, and frontline stories are always welcomed!
Thanks for checking this out! Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! Happy Black History Month!