A highly engaging task in 4 versions!
, packed with the motivation of a mystery picture and collaborative goal! Students solve the math problems to decode their colour-key, then use it to colour their section of the larger 25-section mosaic. The image comes together as each of the students do their part! Individual accountability is achieved since every single students’ problem set is different!
(Encouraging collaboration without the chance to blindly copy)
The linear systems mosaics found in this bundle are also available as part of a MASSIVE linear systems bundle!
FOUR VERSIONS ARE INCLUDED in this bundle:
•Exponent laws (just positive exponents)
•Exponent Laws (negative exponents included)
Both exponent law versions have integer exponents. Students apply the product, quotient, and power rules to simplify each expression.
•Linear Systems (Use substitution, elimination, graphing, etc. to find the point of intersection given two equations.)
•Linear System Applications (Life application word problems covering a variety of contexts!)
SO MUCH IS INCLUDED!
• .pdf and .docx versions of everything
• Full class sets of 25 worksheets/colouring pages for all 4 versions
• All students' worksheets contain a randomized list of the answers at the bottom, encouraging self-assessment
• Exponent law version student worksheets contains helpful formulas, summarizing the exponent laws
• COMPLETE ANSWER KEY showing the simplified expressions (for the exponent law versions), or the desired coordinate
• A detailed Sample Answers file, giving exemplar solutions to every type of linear systems word problem. Post this in the classroom, or use them for examples when giving a note.
• Teaching Tips page, to ensure smooth implementation of this task
• Mosaic guide, showing the completed coloured picture with coordinates for easy mosaic assembly
• Simplify products and quotients of powers
• Simplify expressions involving the power of a power
• All bases and exponents are integers
• Choose appropriate strategies to solve linear systems algebraically
• Model real-life situations with algebraic equations
• Recognize and solve linear systems in a real-life context
CHECK OUT THE PRODUCT PREVIEW
to see sample worksheets, showing the range of problem types. You will know exactly what these worksheets involve!
1. Calculate the answers.
2. Colour the squares.
3. Cut out your section.
4. Combine with the class!
If you like this product, be sure the check out the whole "Colouring by..." series, sorted by topic.
All my "Colouring by..." math mosaics use the standard colours found in a Crayola 24 pack of coloured pencils. For best results, use the exact colour name match, and stick to one type of colouring medium. Maybe a class set of pencil crayons would be a fun departmental purchase? :)
Thanks for checking this out! I'd love your feedback!