Columbus! Christopher Columbus! Columbus..AHOY! Get ready to have your students APPLY everything they learned about Christopher Columbus in this fresh and funky Ship-Shaped Interactive Book!
Do you want to recognize Columbus Day in your classroom, but are SHORT on time? Do you also need to DIFFERENTIATE the activities in your classroom based on your students' needs and ability levels?
If so, this is the resource for you!
This Ship-Shaped Writing Booklet has 9 pages of writing activities, questions and activities revolving around Columbus Day. Use ALL of the pages or pick and choose the pages that fit your needs.
Read your students a quick mentor text on Columbus, create an anchor chart with your information about Columbus and let your kiddos complete the activities in this ship-shaped writing booklet.
When your students complete the activity, they can adhere it to their INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOKS, hang it up as a bulletin board display, or adhere it to construction paper. This one-period activity is ALL YOU NEED to observe Columbus Day in your classroom.
The students will:
- complete a KWL writing activity about Columbus
- write who Columbus was
- write how Columbus and his crew began their voyage and what they needed to cross the ocean
- write 8 words to describe Columbus (in globe-shaped clip art)
- show the voyage of Columbus on a world map, label a map key, and label a compass rose
- complete a MAKING WORDS activity using the words Columbus, ocean, and ship on small sails in the booklet
- write about Columbus's ships
- answer a journal prompt called "Would you go?" about whether or not they would travel with Columbus on his journey and provide 3 reasons for their answer
- complete a Word Search to find 10 Columbus-themed words
- a lined template is included where your students can write sentences about Columbus, write a paragraph about his voyage, or add additional facts about Columbus...the possibilities are ENDLESS!
Add a little PIZZAZZ to your Columbus Day activities!