Celebrate Columbus Day with a vocabulary bingo game and quiz, a short reading passage, and a coloring page. The bingo game and assessment use words related to Christopher Columbus and sea navigation. Students create their own bingo cards either by writing or by cutting out and attaching 24 choices onto a blank card. Great activity for Columbus Day or an explorers or nautical unit!
CLICK HERE to get THIS RESOURCE as part of a money-saving BUNDLE!
Here is what you get when you purchase this resource:
• Write-the-words card (1 page)
• Choose-and-cut card with 30 vocabulary choices (1 page)
• Blank bingo card (1 page)
• 30 calling cards with Columbus vocabulary and definitions (4 pages)
• Vocabulary printable (1 page)
• Bingo in the Classroom ideas (1 page)
• Vocabulary quiz (1 page)
• Quiz answer key (1 page)
• Christopher Columbus short reading passage (1 page)
• Christopher Columbus answer key (1 page)
• Explore coloring page (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
captain’s log, caravel, carrack, cartographer, celestial navigation, compass, crew, crow’s nest, current, dead reckoning, explore, expedition, King Ferdinand, island, landfall, latitude, longitude, mast, native, navigation, New World, ocean, provisions, Queen Isabella, rigging, route, sailor, spices, trade route, voyage
HINT: You can use a free online bingo card generator if you like my word list and calling cards, but do not have the time for students to make their own bingo cards.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► See more Bingo Games
for building vocabulary, practice, review & test prep.
► CLICK HERE to follow me
for updates about new products, sales info & more!