Try this sample freebie before you buy! FREEBIE Columbus Day Graphic Organizers
You may also enjoy these! Close Reading Passages - Columbus Day
Happy Columbus Day!
This pack of engaging ELA activities is perfect for a 1-3rd grade social studies unit on Christopher Columbus! This 84 page pack will make your weekly centers a breeze! B&W printer friendly versions of activities, recording sheets, and answer keys are included!
The following center activities are included:
1) Fact or Opinion Sorting - Students sort fact and opinion sentences about Christopher Columbus.
2) Super Sentence Puzzlers – Students read the puzzle pieces and put them together to make complete sentences. Three recording sheets are included: write the sentence, write the noun and verb, write the subject and predicate.
3) Search for the Gold – Students read a nonfiction passage about Christopher Columbus and sort sentence cards. Students decide if they learned the information on the sentence cards from the text features or from reading the text.
4) Travel Guide: Columbus & Me Minibook – Students research in books or online and record their findings about each of the topics: 1492, the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria, and Indians.
5) Sink or Float Prediction Practice - Students predict if the objects will sink or float in water. They test their predictions and record their answers.
6) Plotting Columbus’ Journey – Students create a map of Columbus’ journey. They color ships and use them to follow along the path of Columbus’ crew.
The following graphic organizers are included (primary & regular lines):
Fast Facts about The Natives
Fast Facts about Christopher Columbus
Fast Facts about the king and queen of Spain
Maps – are, have, can
Christopher Columbus – was, had, wanted
The Native People - were, had, wanted
The following writing prompts are included (primary & regular lines):
Informational - A famous explorer: Christopher Columbus
Informational - The Native People
Informational - All About Columbus’ Ships
Opinion - If I discovered the new world…
Please see the preview file for a closer look! If you have any questions BEFORE buying, please email me at email@example.com.
Remember that your feedback helps me to create in the future! Your feedback earns you credits that you can spend on future TpT purchases! It’s free money for classroom resources. :)