This packet includes:
* 7 short stories, each with 3 listening comprehension questions and 2 inference questions
* 18 vocabulary cards (9 words and 9 definitions)
* 18 synonym word and sentence cards (9 pairs)
* 18 antonym word and sentence cards (9 pairs)
* 18 fact and opinion cards
* 18 conjunctions cards
Listening Comprehension and Inference Skills: (p.3-9) Read the story to the students. Then have them answer the listening comprehension questions and/or answer the inference questions.
Vocabulary: (p.10-12) Match the vocabulary words with their definitions.
Synonyms: (p.13-15) Separate the sentences and words into two piles. Then read the sentence cards and determine the correct synonym to replace the underlined word.
Antonyms: (p.16-18) Separate the sentences and words into two piles. Then read the sentence cards and determine the correct antonym to replace the underlined word.
Facts and Opinions: (p.19-21) Determine if the sentence is a fact or an opinion.
Conjunctions: (p.22-24) Combine the two or three sentences with the indicated conjunction.
For more speech and language tips and tricks, please visit www.wordnerdspeechteach.blogspot.com and/or www.facebook.com/Wordnerdspeechteach