Columbus Day Reader
The ten pages included the following sentences,
1. It is August 3, 1942. There are three ships in the harbor.
2. The three ships are the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria.
3. These three ships are heading out across the ocean.
4. The leader of the voyage is Christopher Columbus.
5. Christopher Columbus is the captain of the Santa Maria.
6. He is an explorer, a navigator, and a map maker.
7. Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand are the rulers of Spain.
8. They pay for Columbus’ voyage across the Atlantic Ocean.
9. Columbus knows the world is round. He chooses to travel to the Far East by sailing west.
10. Christopher Columbus discovers a new world. It is called America!
*** Also as a bonus is a review mat with 4 questions. The answer key is included for self checking.
The pages are in portrait format and measure 8.5 x 11. First, cut the pages in half. Next, have students color and staple the book together. In addition, they will read or copy the sentences.
Rock, Paper, Scissors.