Do you struggle with finding age-appropriate content unit to teach upper elementary students the truth about Christopher Columbus? This product is perfect for Columbus Day (celebrated on the second Monday in October each year in America) or to supplement a u it on explorers. It reveals the truth about common myths surrounding the Columbus story in a sensitive manner that is appropriate for upper elementary students. Your kids will love learning about this piece of history with these engaging resources!
Columbus Unit includes:
* Non-Fiction Passage with Comprehension Questions and Answer Key (Christopher Columbus: The Myths Revealed)
* Reader's Theater Play
* Coloring Books (Full-page, Half-page, and Projectable Color Display)
* Full-page Vocabulary Posters (archipelago, colony, expand, explorer, hypothesis, inhabitant, route, seize, sphere, voyage)
* Vocabulary Worksheet (Match and Draw It)
* Vocabulary Fold-Up Graphic Organizers with differentiated support (interactive notebook)
* Alpha-Sort graphic organizer
* Select Two and Reflect writing page
* Word Builders - includes the following words: Columbus Day, The New World, archipelago, navigation, King Ferdinand, Queen Isabella
* KWL+ Chart
* Before and After Graphic Organizer
* Open-Mind Portrait of Christopher Columbus
* Drawing Conclusions - Students will use the text to support their opinion about whether or not Columbus was a hero.