This is a mega bundle with over 120 pages of activities. More than enough for an entire term!
Rather than list both units extensively here I have provided links below for you to get a better idea of the vast amount of activities included in both units.
You will get writing activities, music activities, mapping activities and so much more!
Canada's Regions Links:
Activities for this:
Currently the unit covers:
- Fun Mystery Box introduction activity
- Fun Province Finding Activity
- The various regions of Canada
- Summary Anchor Chart and Activity
- Persuasive Writing Activity
- Persuasive Writing Checklist
- Persuasive Writing Anchor Chart
- Writing Self-Assessment
- Iconic Canadian symbols
- Language based texts on the subject of Canada and Canadian Regions
- Canadian Climate Zones
- Canadian Industry Inquiry Activity
- Traditional Canadian Industry Music Activity with poetry analysis activity
- Research activity with worksheets to guide students in their research.
- Song and Poster Activity for Canadian Industry Issues
- Grouping Activities
- Review Game
- Illustrated Vocabulary Words
- Inference Questions
- Reading Texts
Explanation of Unit:
This is a complete Canadian government which fully addresses the NEW and revised curriculum to focus on national issues and environmental issues within the government. While this unit is complete in that it covers all of the curriculum it isn't complete to my standards. I will be adding some art activities as well as another text and questions for students. This will be done before the end of September. If you purchase now at this price you will get the unit before it is completed at it's lower price.
The unit makes use of many different inquiry activites to help students learn about:
- the levels of government
- the responsibilities and powers of each level
- minor and major issues the government takes care of
- the different types of government
Included are several rubrics, checklists and self-evaluations for every larger activity students are asked to complete. This makes it very easy to get a mark for the unit and use those marks not only in Social Studies, but also media, reading and writing.
This is an easy unit to teach with step-by-step instructions for activities. Easy to leave for a supply teacher and engaging for kids. Government doesn't have to be boring! The culminating task is a Dragon's den style activity complete with rubrics, research pages, partner logs, bibliography sheet and parent letter.
Also included are fully coloured vocabulary cards that can be put up on a bulletin board or used with the included page of several games to enjoy with students.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Yay! You will now receive customized email updates about this store
If you are interested in this unit you may also love my First Nations Grade 5 Social Studies Unit.