Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This includes all of my Combining Like Terms materials in one bundle.
*Power Point that leads students through the skill of Combining Like Terms without using integers - negative numbers. It can be a great way to introduce the skill to any student before adding negative numbers if desired. It provides opportunities to present the skill, take notes covering the skill, and practice as a class. It also has suggestions for additional interactive practice. Daily Warm Ups are also included in the Power Point.
*Game cards that can be used with any Cooperative Learning Game/ Activity or in an individual math center. I use them to play Quiz Quiz Trade (a Kagan Cooperative Learning Activity). They can also be used to play Spoons a game that is included in my Combining Like Terms Power Point. Directions for both games: Quiz Quiz Trade and Spoons are included with the game cards. The Answer Key for the cards is also included. These cards practice the skill Combining Like Terms. The skill is practiced at a beginning level and does not require knowledge of integers.
*Worksheet that practices the skill of Combining Like Terms at an introductory/ beginning level. Students are asked to 'cut out/ apart' individual terms and physically manipulate them so that they are together and then glue them down before they then combine them. This is designed to go with my Combining Like Terms power point and other Combining Like Terms resources. It can be used with teachers who use integers/ negative numbers or when integers have not been introduced.
*Fill in the Blank Notes to introduce the skill Combining Like Terms without knowledge of Integers- negative numbers- necessary. It includes the fill in the blank notes as well as the answer key showing how I would fill in the blanks. These notes can be used independently, but they also follow along with my Combining Like Terms Power Point.
*A worksheet that allows students to demonstrate the skill of Combining Like Terms at an individual level. It provides space to show their work. The front of the worksheet provides easier practice (and can be printed alone). The back of the worksheet includes more difficult problems and even a challenge problem.
*A quiz and retake version of the quiz covering the skill: Combining Like Terms. Each Quiz has a total of eight questions. Answer Keys are included.
*Cut Apart manipulative strips- one expression that can be cut apart by students and manipulated physically to help understand the concept of combining like terms. It goes along with my Combining Like Terms Power Point.
Purchased individually in my store these items would cost $10.49.
*These items are also included in my Pre-Algebra Mult-Skill Bundle for Middle Grades which includes the following items:
* Algebraic Properties of Multiplication and Addition Flip Book/ Interactive Notebook
* Combining Like Terms 'Cut Apart' Manipulative Worksheet
* Combining Like Terms Cooperative Learning Game Cards Quiz Quiz Trade
* Combining Like Terms Expression to Cut Apart ad Simplify
* Combining Like Terms Fill in The Blank Notes
* Combining Like Terms Power Point
* Combining Like Terms Practice Worksheet
* Combining Like Terms Quiz and Retake with Answer Key
* Distributive Property Power Point
* Distributive Property Practice Worksheet
* Distributive Property Quiz and Retake
* Evaluating Algebraic Expressions Cooperative Learning Game Cards Quiz Quiz Trade
* Evaluating Algebraic Expressions Notes
* Evaluating Algebraic Expressions Power Point
* Evaluating Algebraic Expressions Quiz and Retake
* Exponents Interactive Notebook Notes and Practice Game Cards Quiz Quiz Trade
* Order of Operations Sign to Color and Post
* Order of Operations Quiz and Retake
* Pre-Algebra Vocabulary Interactive Notebook Pamphlet
* Pre-Algebra Vocabulary Practice with Mystery Flap Boxes
* Solve Algebraic Equations with Addition and Subtraction Game Cards
* Solve Algebraic Equations with Multiplication and Division Relay Race Card Game
* Solving 1 and 2 Step Algebraic Equations Power Point
* Using Algebraic Properties to Simplify Expressions Power Point
* Using Algebraic Properties to Simplify Expressions Practice Worksheet
* Using Algebraic Properties to Simplify Expressions Quiz and Retake
* Writing Algebraic Expressions Practice Translate Words Into Math With Clue Words
* Writing Algebraic Expressions Power Point
* Writing Algebraic Expressions Cooperative Learning Game Cards Quiz Quiz Trade
* Writing Algebraic Expressions Pre-Algebra Vocabulary Notes
* Writing Algebraic Expressions Clue Words List
* Writing Algebraic Expressions Quiz and Retake
This Bundle can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store at: