Combining Like Terms: 2-page "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
**This resource is also available in a DISCOUNTED bundle: Expressions & Equations Bundle
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- Vocabulary (term, coefficient, variable, constant
- How to identify like terms
- Combining like terms
- Writing in standard form
- Simplifying with multiple steps (and distributing first)
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Linear Equations Football Game
Algebra 1 Super Bundle
Simplifying & Evaluating Expressions - GridWords