This scavenger hunt allows students to practice with combining like terms and the distributive property with integers. There are 12 cards, a recording sheet for students and an answer key for teachers. Enjoy!
Here’s how to play:
- Post the cards all over your room.
- Split students up into groups (I typically do pairs, depending on class size).
- Have students start at any one of the cards. The cards make a loop, so it doesn't matter where students start.
- Students record on their record sheet the CARD NUMBER they are at, solve the problem and find the answer on a DIFFERENT CARD. Then they repeat the process.
- Students will know they have finished when they arrive back at the card where they started.
- You check their card number sequence.
- This set includes 12 cards, the answer sequence and a record sheet for students. Cards review combining like terms and the distributive property with integers.
Thanks to Miss Pickle's Design Studio for the dinosaur and cave kid clipart. Thanks to http://thewizardofboz.blogspot.com for the digital paper design found in the title picture.