Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Are your students having problems learning to use compound and complex sentences? Try the metacognitive visual strategies in this bundle! The variety of activities will help you provide differentiated instruction and give your students lots of practice to gain the skills.
Be sure to check the preview and click on these links to see what is in each packet. Still not sure it is right for you? Just ask a question at my store and I’ll be happy to help! Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language
The activities include:
* Playing the game.
* Using the spinner and 2 task cards to say or write complex sentences including the day.
* Using the conjunction game cube and a task card to complete the sentence orally or in writing.
* Discussing why behaviors are inappropriate in a classroom, using because.
* Discussing an alternative to inappropriate behaviors, using the conjunction ‘if.’
* Discussing body language for being upset.
* Discussing idioms for being angry.
* Using the task cards to write complex sentences independently.
* Taping the strategy cards on student desks or in student notebooks to use as a reference.
The activities included are:
* 12 fun open ended game boards - just make more copies for larger groups
* Pre/Post assessment worksheets at 2 levels for each strategy and answer keys
* 8 strategy task cards
* 10 worksheets to practice the strategies
* 100 task or game cards for combining sentences:
- double nouns and double verbs
- add an adjective or adverb
- use conjunctions but, while, because, since, so
- combining sentences with mixed strategies
* optional game gobbler tokens for students to collect as a motivator
* task cards are organized according to the way the sentence are being combined, letting you check to see if a particular type is causing difficulty.
* 100 answer key task cards with strategies and possible answers for students to self-check their work (Please note that it isn't possible to include all sentence combinations.)
* a template (not editable) for you to personalize
* A student response score sheet
* Combining 2 sentences Connect Game
* Printable game board
* Complete the Sentence cards
* Spinner Activities
* Coin Flick Game
* Cooperative Game
* Pass Around Game
* Listening Activity