Many popular books are now rewritten or written solely as graphic novels. Kids love them! Stories that would have been too challenging are now just-right. More and more these texts can be found on literacy tests. So I thought, why not review and introduce text features and sequential art with the help of favourite Marvel + DC comic characters and Babymouse, a fan favourite in my classroom!
Retelling is a perfect opportunity for children to show how well they understand the purpose of a text and its form and features.
Text Features of Sequential Art Text Activities Include:
1. anchor chart labels and definitions for the teacher
2. I Spy text feature bookmarks
3. Hands-on literacy centre activity recommendations
4. 2 storyboard pages + activity guide
5. 9 comic strip retell pages + activity guide
6. comic strip retell checklist
7. comic strip retell + checklist (writing traits) posters