Also included in
- SAVE 20% In this bundle (250 pages) are EIGHT reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom whether it's upper elementary or middle grades. Strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. These scripts contain drama and humor, soPrice $29.20Original Price $38.50Save $9.30
- DISCOUNT 30%! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 48 products (NEARLY 1,500 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thirtyPrice $204.50Original Price $288.50Save $84.00
- SAVE 20% In this bund are FIVE reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom. Readers theater uses reading strategies to strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. Students in reading, drama, language arts, social studies andPrice $17.20Original Price $21.50Save $4.30
- SAVE 25% In this collection (275 pages) are 12 reader's theater scripts of folk takes from around the world adapted for the language arts, drama and social studies classroom. Learn about other cultures while strengthening your students' reading, speaking and listening skills. These scripts contaiPrice $43.63Original Price $57.00Save $13.37
This comical reader's theater script is complete with roles for 20 + students. Reading literature standards are met while engaging your students with a high-interest reader's theater script and unit. Students LOVE the chance to perform as they practice fluency, comprehension, use context clues, and writing. This piece could be a one or three-day study depending upon how much effort a teacher wants to expend.
How Do I Use This Unit in My classroom?
Students in an upper elementary gifted or middle school students can study humor, the Jewish culture, Social Studies, Language Arts or Drama class.
Based on the beloved folk tale by the same name, students will:
- study humor
- focus on their reading, especially in a play format
- strengthen their skills in vocal variety and inflection
- perform for peers in a non-threatening manner
This product comes with:
- A warm up
- advice in directing reader's theater
- blocking plot for teacher's staging needs
- information about the Yiddish language
- eleven page script with roles for 20+ students
Comprehensive? You bet. Created and field tested by an award winning drama teacher of 38 years.
I am committed to keeping my lessons fresh and current. This lesson was updated on July 28, 2020.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would!Follow me
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.