Comical Readers Theater|The Sprightly Tailor Scotland Folk Tale
- Internet Activities
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- SAVE 30% In this bundle are FIVE reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom. Readers theater uses reading strategies to strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. Students in reading, drama, language arts, social studies anPrice $15.40Original Price $22.00Save $6.60
- SAVE 30% In this collection (275 pages) are 13 reader's theater scripts of folk takes from around the world adapted for the language arts, drama and social studies classroom. Learn about other cultures while strengthening your students' reading, speaking and listening skills. These scripts contaiPrice $41.83Original Price $59.75Save $17.92
Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day soon? This comical reader's theater script with roles for 20 + students is suitable for upper elementary gifted or middle school students studying humor, the Celtic nations, Social Studies, Language Arts or Drama class. This piece could be a one or three day study depending upon how much effort a teacher wants to expand. Or a teacher could assign this product for distance learning students with a few tweaks. #DistanceLearningTPT
This story from the British Isles is spooky, scary and funny all at the same time. It is about a swift-footed and energetic (sprightly) tailor who undertakes to sew some trews (trousers) at night, among the haunted ruins of an old church. Along enters a ghost! You'll just have to see what happens next...
Based on the beloved folk tale by the same name, students will:
- study humor
- focus on their reading, especially in a play format
- strengthen their skills in vocal variety and inflection
- perform for peers in a non-threatening manner
This product comes with:
- A warm up
- Advice in directing reader's theater
- Blocking plot for teacher's staging needs
- Information about the Gaelic language
- Eight page script with roles for 20+ students, some in a chorus!
- Irish Jig video tutorial--taught by two p.e. teachers!
- Original Irish Jig music (2) for use with the piece
Comprehensive? You bet. Created by an award winning drama teacher of 38 years.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
It Could Always Be Worse Reader's Theater
"Covering my drama State standards has been a hilarious experience with this resource. Thanks for this!"
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.