Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Includes 10 Social Studies themed templates/assignments featuring comic-styled approaches other countries, world religions, current events, artifacts, and MORE! In addition, this kit comes with the Making Comics-Lesson 11 and 30 Blank Comic Templates! Have students "show what they know" in SCHOOL with COMICS. NO drawing background required for TEACHERS or STUDENTS!
Comics are often a clear, organized, familiar, and non-threatening medium that is well-received by many students on the autism spectrum and in ADD/ADHD populations.
In addition to TEN SOCIAL STUDIES themed templates, this kit includes...
This set was designed for teachers who want to use comic templates but may not have time to implement the full cartoon art unit.
(The 10 SS Templates in this edition are not included in the Lessons 1-11 bundle.
All documents are pdfs.
This Lesson Includes:
1 Tips for Teachers Overview
2 Comic Review Pages
4 Lesson-Specific Pages from the Comics in Classrooms Guidebook (Drafts, Peer Conferences, Inking, and Comic Covers)
Comic Project Outline
Comic Project Checklist
Feedback Form (Checklist)
Peer Conference Checklist
Alternate Comic Proposal
My Comic Portfolio Cover Sheet
10 Social Studies Comic Templates Include:
1. Artifact Answers- This template uses a comic format to help students create a comic about an artifact, identify where it is from, and show why it is important.
2. Character Profile- Students use prompts and visuals to create an original character who lives in a country that is being studied in class. Prompts guide students to include facts or information about the country they live in.
3. Day in the Life- Students make a comic about an original character who lives in another country, and describe a typical day for them using words and pictures.
4. Interview- Students draw a picture of an original character from a country they are studying in class. They imagine how the character will answer questions about their life and country in the interview provided on the template.
5. My Faith Comic 1 – Students use a guided comic to create an original character and provide facts and details about their faith. Ideal for studying world religions.
6. My Faith Comic 2 (Holiday) Students can continue their character story (see above) and describe a religious holiday they observe…in comic form!
7. My Travels Comic 1- Students use a guided comic to create a story about their imaginary travels to a country studied in class. Prompts include creating a “passport”, sights to see, and popular national hobbies/interests.
8. My Travels Comic 2- Students use a guided comic to create a story about their imaginary travels to a country studied in class. Prompts include national dishes they would try, wildlife they might see, a souvenir they might purchase, and saying goodbye to a great vacation!
9. Newspaper (template for Current Events) This comic template allows students to organize Current Event information in a fun and clear way. Prompts include headlines, source, publication date, summary, and illustration. ( Tip: News articles or printed web news may be attached to this worksheet.)
10. World Religion Comparison- Students use a guided template to create an organized comparison of the three major world religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam) using simple symbols and short explanations.
This lesson also includes 30 Blank Comic Templates
Includes Rough Drafts/Second Drafts for
-Graphic Novel Pages
Includes "Quick" Versions for your own assignments and projects (apply to any academic!
Includes 5 different Visual Note-taking Templates
This product (Comics in Classrooms-Social Studies Edition) may be used for personal, educational, and non-commercial use. This bundle/images contained is for private/classroom use only. Please consider purchasing Illumismart Clip-Art for your products.
Individuals may not remove images from the guide or sell/resell/distribute the images/documents individually or in bundled packets. This visual may not be distributed on any site, for profit or non-profit use. Images may not be lifted from the document and used as clip-art or in any other projects or products.
* Purchase of this collection gives you a single user license. Please do no sell, redistribute, distribute, or resell the documents "as is", or as a part of any collection. You also cannot add these elements into a clip-art collection.
*Copying materials by Illumismart for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites such as Amazon Inspire.
All documents in this bundle (Comics in Classrooms) are © L.L. Tisdel/(Friendly Yellow Octopus/Illumismart) 2018. Documents and illustrations are original. All rights reserved.ll rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at Illumismart@gmail.com
Please kindly keep in mind that as an artist and stay-at-home mom, my TPT income is incredibly important to my family.
To give credit: Clip art from Illumismart@ Teachers Pay Teachers, L.L. Tisdel www.llltisdel.com. Please link to my store! :D
If you have any questions, contact us at: Illumismart@gmail.com