Canada is a country with many interesting and diverse cultures. This immigration project is an excellent way to enhance your students’ understanding of immigration, but also spark their creativity and imagination. This project asks students to choose an immigrant group and write an imaginary story of their experience coming to Canada. This is open-ended, so students may research historical or current immigrant groups who have come to Canada. Students may even research their own family history.
The note taking sheets are designed to help guide research of the chosen immigrant group. These sheets will then be used to write the final journal entries.
Please Note: This product does not contain information about immigration to Canada. You will have to guide your students to appropriate books or websites.
Included in this product:
• Photos of student’s projects
• Student note page with push and pull factors for emigrating and immigrating
• The project outline and requirements
• Student outline of what the suitcase should look like
• Note taking sheets:
• Journal Entry #1 – Leaving Your Home Country
• Journal Entry #2 – The Journey to Canada
• Journal Entry #3 – Arriving in Canada
• Journal Entry #4 – One Year Later
• Rubric – 2 different rating styles
• Student self-evaluation sheet
Provide Feedback and earn TPT credits. I value your feedback.
Click on the green star ★
next to my shop logo. Be the first to know about new products, discounts, and promotions!
Follow Me On:
Teachers Pay Teachers