This resource has proved very helpful in my own classroom. Soon after I started teaching, I noticed a huge deficit in the understanding of when to use commas and where to place them correctly. I condensed the most common instances that commas are used to 8 simple rules so the students could confidently master and understand them one at a time, adding a new rule each day after mastery.
This resource includes:
• A poster/handout of the rules
• A set of 8 worksheets introducing a new rule each time
• 60 practice sentences once all rules are taught (worksheet)
• 60 task cards (same sentences as worksheet)
• 1 full paragraph story assessment to edit