Comma Lessons and Activities
Make teaching comma lessons fun with these engaging mini-lessons & activities. This resource includes 5 mini-lessons that teach ten different comma rules in a way that connects the rule to students' reading and writing.
Show your students that commas are more than just a list of rules they need to follow when editing. Instead, they will learn that this punctuation mark has the power to improve their writing, as they will use it to add detail, variety, and voice.
Here's what you'll get:
- Detailed lesson plans for you to follow
- 5 engaging mini-lessons/slideshows on ten comma rules
- Handouts & bookmarks for students to use for reference
- Independent and collaborative activities to practice the rules
- A mini-lesson on how to use commas to add detail and variety
- A mini-lesson on how to use commas to voice
- Multiple short mentor passages to use as models
- Writing activities (and rubrics) to practice what they have learned
- Everything is editable!
Your students will actually enjoy learning how to use commas because of the interactive exercises - and because they will come to understand how using commas properly will improve their writing in a variety of ways.
The prep for this is quick and easy... Just go through the detailed lesson plans, print the handouts, gather any materials listed, and you're ready for a series of engaging classes.
You may also like:
Connect with me for teaching tips and ideas:
Copyright © ROOM 213
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.