Also included in
- This escape room bundle includes TWENTY-TWO different grammar escape rooms for secondary students and is great for test prep, review, interactive games, and practicing grammar skills. The games include both Google-led and teacher-led (with no technology required) facilitation. A link to an instructi$65.00$99.50Save $34.50
- Use this punctuation bundle to help your students learn about punctuation and then review what they learned! This bundle includes three escape rooms, two sets of task cards, five mini booklets, two bracket challenges, one set of punctuation doodle pages, and one set of punctuation one-pagers.$38.00$47.00Save $9.00
Students will review comma rules with these task cards that ask students to determine the locations of commas in 80 sentences and unscramble a secret phrase to escape the room.
This product IS included in my escape room bundle:
and my punctuation bundle:
Your download includes
* 80 sentences for comma practice on 20 task cards
* one practice task card to model for students how to fill in answer code
* teacher & student instructions for Google and non-Google (non-electronic) facilitation
* answer key for codes and secret phrases if teacher-led
* teacher tips page
* link to video instructions
* four different Google forms with four different secret phrases
* a page of suggestions on how to facilitate the escape room should students not complete the activity in one class period
In the Google-led facilitation (a quicker version), students input answers into a Google Form and are automatically told if their code is correct for each card and awarded a letter toward the secret phrase. There are four different Google forms that receive the same numeric codes but four different “secret phrases.”
In teacher-led facilitation (a lengthier version that requires no electronics), teachers will check answers for students and award letters toward the secret phrase.
Students will review serial commas, adjectives of equal rank, coordinating conjunctions, interrupters, introductory information, and non-essential phrases and clauses.￼ Note that students should have already learned the rules for commas before playing the escape room as this is meant to be a review activity.
This product is geared toward students in grades 9-12 as the sentences are challenging. Facilitation of the game (from me giving instructions to the first group solving the secret phrase) takes anywhere from 45-60 minutes.
✭ I believe in making products that ensure students understand rules and conventions. This escape room is challenging because it requires students to think critically about commas and apply comma rules, rather than simply have fun. This escape room is the best of both worlds — challenging and fun!
Want to create a customized escape room bundle?
Looking for other escape room products?
You may also be interested in