TWO two-week units on identifying and correcting comma errors complete with daily bell ringers, worksheets, quiz, a teacher's guide, and more!
This BUNDLE DOWNLOAD includes units #16 and #17 of Ten-Minute Grammar: Trimester Two. Also available are the other seven units of Trimester Two and all nine units of Trimester One. If you plan on using more than a few Ten-Minute Grammar units during the year, purchasing Ten-Minute Grammar: Trimester One
and Ten-Minute Grammar: Trimester Two
in their entirety will save you half the price!
The two units in this bundle are also available individually. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T PURCHASE ALL THREE PRODUCTS AS YOU WOULD BE PAYING FOR THE SAME THING TWICE!
Ten-Minute Grammar is a comprehensive grammar curriculum based on the Common Core Standards for seventh-grade, eighth-grade, or ninth-grade students. Using only the first ten minutes of each day, these two units help students learn by discovery to identify and fix errors with eleven of the most common comma rules:
* Lists of three or more items
* Coordinate or equal adjectives
* Directe addresses (when a speaker addresses someone by name)
* Written dates
* Locations (street addresses as well as cities and states)
* Introductory words or phrases that come before the sentence's main clause
* Words or phrases that interrupt a clause (including a particular focus on appositive phrases)
* Non-restrictive subordinate clauses (when you should and shouldn't use commas with clauses that start with "that," "which," and "who")
* Compound sentences
* Complex sentences
Students practice and review for a week to a week and a half, and then take a final quiz. Several extra-practice worksheets provide differentiation and remediation for students struggling with the concepts. To give the students exposure to quality published writing, some of the practice example sentences are drawn from The Maze Runner by James Dashner as well as the Newbery Honor book Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt.
This unit BUNDLE includes everything you'll need for FOUR FULL WEEKS of grammar instruction:
* Sixteen days of bell-ringer activities
* Daily wordplay activities
* Five double-sided worksheets
* Two unit quizzes
* Two modified unit quizzes for students on IEPs
* Plus additional teacher's guides with answer keys and extra lesson instructions
The daily bellwork or bell ringers can be copied onto transparencies for an overhead projector or projected digitally onto a white board or a SmartBoard.
Unit files will come as a PDF file, but the folder also includes the original Word files in case you want to make small tweaks to a page or two (which I often like to do when I purchase lesson materials from someone else.) Download the FREE preview in PDF format for a sample of what you'll get in the unit.
Enjoy, and remember to WRITE A REVIEW!
Created by Arik Durfee