Also included in
- Do your students know when and when NOT to use commas? Use this engaging lesson package with slide show presentation, interactive notebook reference flip book, and posters featuring sports-themed mentor sentences to review rules for correct comma usage with middle and high school ELA classes. Produc$15.60$19.50Save $3.90
Display these bright and engaging posters with sports-themed mentor sentences on your bulletin board or classroom walls to review rules for correct comma usage with middle and high school ELA classes. Your students will absorb and remember conventions for using commas without even trying!
★ Thorough resource with all the comma guidelines students need for high school English
★ Clear mentor sentence example for every rule
★ High resolution posters provided in 3 sizes: 8.5x11" (for easy printing on your color printer), 11x14", and 16x20" for professional or district print shop
★ Punctuation "rules" based on style guidelines from MLA 8 and Strunk and White's The Elements of Style
(3) Commas in a series
(4) Places (mailing addresses)
(5) Places (in a sentence)
(6) Commas in dates
(7) Titles after names
(9) Commas with coordinate adjectives
(10) Transitional and conjunctive adverbs
(11) Adverbs ("too")
(13) Punctuating quotations
(14) Nouns of direct address
(15) Commas with introductory phrases
(16) Compound sentences
(17) Dependent adverbial clauses
(18) Nonessential phrases and clauses or parenthetical expressions
(19) To prevent confusion
(20) Do not use a comma
Choose the size posters you would like to print.
For letter size, print pages 3-20 on white paper or cardstock and laminate if desired.
For mini posters, print two or four per page (instructions are included).
For larger posters, send the appropriate PDF file to your school district or commercial printer.
How to Use this Comma Rules Poster Set
★ Print 8.5x11 inch posters (or larger) and display them on your classroom walls or in your hallway. Add one poster at a time as you review each rule, or post them all at once.
★ Print small posters (2 or 4 per page) to make a bulletin board display.
★ Print small posters (2 or 4 per page), hole punch, and store on a binder ring for use in a center or station rotation.
This zipped folder contains 3 PDF files: a set of 18 posters sized 8 1/2 x 11", the same posters optimized for high resolution printing at 11x14", and optimized for printing at 16x20".
Provide feedback after you use a resource; you can earn credits toward your next TPT purchase!
Follow me (click the ★ beside my store logo) to be notified when a new resource is uploaded. My new resources are priced at 50% off for the first 48 hours, so it pays to follow me!
See More Resources Like This
See all my Grammar resources
from the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. B