Teach students to identify and properly use Commas in Dates, Commas in Lists, between Cities, after Greetings and Closings, after Interjections, and Commas with Quotation Marks with a Common Core-aligned lesson and engaging hands-on activities.
• FULL COLOR Commas Poster-print, laminate, and hang in your classroom!
• COMPLETE Lesson with highlighted Text Features for better Comprehension
• Close Journal Activity featuring Main Ideas and Details (great for Interactive Notebooks!)
• Common Core Practice 1: Commas between Words, in Dates, and in Addresses
• Common Core Practice 2: Commas after Greetings, Closings, and Interjections
• Common Core Practice 3: Commas and Quotation Marks
• Writing a Persuasive Letter-we take students through entire Writing Process!
Commas, aligned with the 4th Grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (see Preview for Standard Alignment), can be purchased separately, or as part of our 4TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE UNIT + 17 FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
We've include color copies of the Commas lesson for your White Board, a black and white version of the lesson and activities to make copies for your students, Answer Pages and Grading Rubrics for the Persuasive Writing and Common Core Practice activities.
Download the Commas Preview to see the complete Lesson Plan, Common Core alignment, as well as samples from the lesson and activities.
OUR OTHER COMMAS RESOURCES:
COMMAS – 3RD GRADE
COMMAS – 5TH GRADE
MORE 4TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE RESOURCES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING COMMAS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2013-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.