This commas product includes reference material for commas in numbers, commas to separate words or phrases in sentences, commas between cities and states, commas before quotation marks, commas inside quotation marks, commas in dates, commas in introductory phrases, commas before coordinating conjunctions, comma use with a dependent clause, commas after the first word, commas for interruptions, commas to separate adjectives, and commas in a list.
In total, this task card product contains 6 instructional (reference) pages, 36 commas task cards (two per page), an answer sheet, and an answer key and is aligned with the common core standards. There are three distinct question types that require students to understand the correct placement of commas.
Please be aware that this commas product is ONE product in a series of THREE punctuation products (commas, quotation marks, and apostrophes). Each of the three products can be found at the following links. You also have the OPTION to PURCHASE THE BUNDLE if you’d like to save money. See on the PUNCTUATION BUNDLE below!
QUOTATION MARKS TASK CARDS
APOSTROPHES TASK CARDS
COMMAS TASK CARDS
If you are interested in this commas product, you may also be interested in some of my other resources, which can be found here:
TASK CARD PRODUCTS
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.