Commas Practice - Silly Worksheets for Engagement! Fun Grammar Test Prep!
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These ELA Review pages are the perfect no-prep printables to supplement your literacy program. They cover a wide variety of ELA topics and are great for review, homework, independent work, enrichment, or centers.This bundle includes 6 resources:Figurative Language Worksheets: 30 Figurative LanguagePrice $26.34Original Price $32.92Save $6.58
- Help students learn comma rules and practice using them in text! Everything your students need to practice using commas!This bundle includes 4 resources:The worksheets will provide plenty of practice, and giggles, too as the sentences are humorous! Each of the cards in this set of task cards featurePrice $11.58Original Price $14.48Save $2.90
Commas can be difficult, but these grammar worksheets are filled with silly and fun sentences to encourage engagement with students who wouldn't otherwise smile at comma practice.
- 18 Worksheets
- Answer Keys
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- Many different worksheet types!
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Figurative Language Worksheets
- Prefixes, Suffixes, & Roots Worksheets
- ELA Review Test Prep Worksheets
- ELA Fun with Words Worksheets
- Homophone Worksheets
This resource is also included in a comma usage bundle!
This resource uses American English and is editable.
Learning how to use commas correctly does not have to be boring! These motivating printables will make kids laugh while they learn how to punctuate properly.
Rules covered are:
- Commas in a series
- Commas with consecutive adjectives
- Commas before small conjunctions
- Commas after an introductory word or phrase
- Commas and dates
- Commas and places
- Punctuation for the ends of sentences
The worksheets give rules, examples, and opportunities for practice using humorous sentences that will keep even your most reluctant students working and learning.
This bundle includes 18 pages that are broken into six mini-units of three pages each. Each mini-unit focuses on a different rule and includes two practice worksheets and a short, multiple-choice, bubble-style quiz. The last unit is a mix of all the rules learned. There is also a unit on the proper use of end marks.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "Kids absolutely loved the silly sentences! Definitely got their attention and was a great tool to practice their comma rules. This took the boringness out of grammar that it can sometimes bring." -Keegan
✏️ "I was looking for another way to help students practice their comma placement skills outside of our usual, boring stuff. They found these fun, and I love that there are quizzes to accompany each concept. Thank you!" -Kelly
✏️ "I loved this. I was able to use it in so many things. For example, morning messages, homework, independent work, tutorials, and so much more. It is easy to follow and easy read for the students, including the vocabulary of the STAAR test." - Margarita
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSSL.3.1 - Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- CCSSL.4.1 - Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- CCSSL.4.2c - Use a comma before a coordinating conjunction in a compound sentence.
- CCSSL.4.3b - Choose punctuation for effect.
- CCSSL.5.2a - Use punctuation to separate items in a series.
- CCSSL.5.2b - Use a comma to separate an introductory element from the rest of the sentence.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
- Visit the FAQs section
- submit a help ticket
- ask a question on the Q& A tab
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom