Commas in a series, commas in a list, and commas in the date worksheet pack.
This pack includes ten worksheets to reinforce the first grade Common Core Standards for comma usage; using the comma in the date and using commas to seperate single words in a series sentence (I am friends with Bob, Joe, and Mike.) Perfect for homework, extra practice, modeling, and can be used in 2nd, 3rd grade or beyond for students who have not mastered the grade 1 standard yet.
In the pack you will find:
* A Pre-teaching and Post-teaching activity page to assess your students understanding of the comma.
* 2 activity sheets practicing writing the date with a comma (see thumbnail image)
* 2 activity sheets practicing writing sentences with a series of words based off of mini lists. (See supermarket example page in thumbnail)
* One true or false page - Students decide if each statement about the comma is accurate or not.
* One "Add the Comma" page - Students place commas into sentences where commas are missing.
* One "Right or Wrong" page - students decide if the comma has been used correctly in each sentence (See thumbnail example).
* One activity sheet for students to answer open ended questions about themselves where a series of answers should include commas.
There are also answer keys included for all of the pages except the open ended one.
Thank you for checking out my product.
If you liked this pack you might also try my "I Can Use Quotation Mark" pack for direct speech (dialogue). Here is the link:
Quotation Mark Worksheets
I plan to post future "I Can Use" packs on grammar topics in the future so please consider following my page.