This is a 4 lesson mini-unit for general music class. The students are asked to create a short commercial advertising a newly invented product, and compose a short "jingle" to advertise the product. Students perform the commercial in class or video record their project outside of class and the class views the recording.
I have done this project several times, and my students always impress me with their creativity. This project aligns with thje following National Music Standards:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.