Updated to meet Common CORE standards!
This is a year-long program that can be pieced apart to supplement your current spelling program, or used solely if you do not have a spelling program.
Skills addressed: initial consonants; final consonants; short vowels; long vowels; long vowel sounds of y; initial and final digraphs; initial and final consonant blends; diphthongs ow, ou, ai, ay, ee, ea, ie, igh, oe, ow, oa, oi, oy; double consonants, r-controlled vowels ar, or, ur, er, ir; sounds of oo; plurals s, es, ies; inflectional endings ing, ed; hard and soft c; hard and soft g.
Included in this program are:
* Year-long sight words & spelling words map
* Scope and sequence for "chunks" taught
* 4 Differentiated Spelling Lists for EACH Week/Concept
* Test formats for EACH WEEK/Concept
* 10 Activities that can be used with any child's list, any week
* Parent letter to explain the program
* Frequently asked questions
This program could also be used for advanced kindergarten students or struggling second grade students.