These 38 songs teach EVERY SINGLE Common Core 1st grade math standard! Some of these songs were used in a 2009 study of 286 students. The researcher found that the songs decrease anxiety, increase motivation, and increase mathematics achievement (Kokobas, 2009; see reference below). I'd love to be able to make a difference in your classroom with them.
***Note that I've included a FREE video of the first song ("Miss Mary Mack, Quack, Quack"), because I truly believe that the videos add a lot to the product. You'll also get all song lyrics.
If you already have the songs and ONLY want the videos, please head HERE
If you want the COMPLETE SET, including songs, videos, lyrics, and access to my private website (where all videos can be found on one convenient web page), head HERE
Research indicates that you can maximize the effectiveness of videos if you use teaching strategies before, during, and after you play them. You can do several things to promote learning before, during, and after the preview song.
1. To promote comprehension and understanding of math skills, ask children to focus on the story and illustrations. Ask what they noticed for a quick formative assessment, and to start a discussion based on their take-aways.
2. To promote fluency, phonics, and sight word reading, encourage children to focus on words. Ask what they noticed to initiate a language arts discussion.
3. Ask students to show the equations, e.g., 1 + 3, in different ways. They may show dots on a tens frame, number lines, the Commutative Property of Addition, etc.
4. Ask students to write their own "Miss Mary Mack" word problems. Use the song lyrics as a template, or encourage children to make it their own: They can change the main character's name and/or decide that she sees something other than ducks...puppies, kittens, or whatever interests your students!
These are all song titles with Common Core 1st grade standards correlations:
1. Miss Mary Mack, Quack, Quack (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.6)
2. 20 Monkeys (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.6)
3. Count to 120 (1.NBT.A.1)
4. Counting On (1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6)
5. Add It On (1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6)
6. Switcheroo (1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.6)
7. Double It Up (1.OA.C.6)
8. Double Time (1.OA.C.6)
9. Using Doubles (1.OA.C.6)
10. Know Those 10's (1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.6)
11. Using 10's (1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.6)
12. Making 11-20 (1.NBT.B.2)
13. Making 21-30 (1.NBT.B.2)
14. Add 3 Sets of Monkeys (1.OA.A.2, 1.OA.C.6)
15. Add 3 Numbers: Strategies (1.OA.A.2, 1.OA.C.6)
16. Subtract With an Addition Fact (1.OA.B.4, 1.OA.C.6)
17. Counting Back (1.OA.C.6)
18. Count Back to Subtract (1.OA.C.6)
19. Subtract to Make 10 (1.OA.C.6)
20. Using 10's With Subtraction (1.OA.C.6)
21. The Pizza-Eating Alligator
22. Alligator Greater Than/Less Than (1.NBT.B.3)
23. Equals Means “The Same As” (1.OA.D.7)
24. Mystery Numbers (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.D.8)
25. Count by 10's Forward (1.NBT.C.4, 1.NTB.C.5)
26. Count by 10's Backward (1.NBT.C.5, 1.NBT.C.6)
27. Alligator 1 More (1.OA.C.6)
28. Alligator 10 More (1.NBT.C.5)
29. Alligator 1 Less (1.OA.C.6)
30. Alligator 10 Less (1.NBT.C.5, 1.NBT.C.6)
31. Comparisons (1.MD.A.1)
32. Categories (1.MD.C.4)
33. Telling Time (1.MD.B.3)
34. Paperclip Measurements (Use this to support 1.MD.A.2)
35. Attributes of Shapes (1.G.A.1)
36. Create Shapes (1.G.A.2)
37. A Fraction Is a Part of a Whole (1.G.A.3)
38. Alligator Fractions (1.G.A.3)
***Please follow me at "EduTunes With Miss Jenny."
***Please also try my "Click & Go" digital catalog: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/EduTunes-With-Miss-Jenny-Clickable-Catalog-Pre-K-3-3302442
***If you are 100% satisfied with this product, please give it 100% positive ratings. If you are less than 100% satisfied, please contact me first before giving less than perfect ratings. I will either work to meet your needs or give you a 100% refund.
Thanks for your interest in my music. I hope I can make a difference in your classroom!