Multiplicative patterns on the place value chart
Everything you need for an investigation of 5.NBT. 1
This unit has been a top seller and is a thorough investigation of patterns on the place value chart. The assessments are included and designed to model end of the year multiple choice test items.
5. NBT. 1 Recognize that in a multi-digit number, a digit in one place represents 10 times as much as it represents in the place to its right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to its left.
This unit lays the foundation for 5.NBT.2 by using values of 10 to shift numbers and/or decimal point.
• Whole group lessons (teacher directions)
• Class Discussions with Exit tickets
• Place Value Patterns game (answer key included)
• A set of 20 Task Cards (available for sale separately but included in this unit free)
• Homework pages
• Assessments (pre and post)
Please visit my TPT store for other common core aligned items.
• Place Value Pirates Decimal Game 5.NBT.1
• Order of Operations Unit 5.OA.1
• Rounding Decimals on a Number Line. 5.NBT.3
• Measurement Unit, metric conversion using base ten 5.NBT.2