This resource is aligned to Speaking and Listening standards from the Common Core standards. I use this with my 5th graders, but it is broad enough to apply to grades 3-6. This resource is intended to assist teachers in implementing effective collaborative discussions about the text.
This resource includes:
- Overview and Key Components to Implementation Description
- Student Responsibilities (Roles) Cards
- Sentence Starters aligned to Roles
- Discussion Participant Checklist
- Self-Evaluation Rubric for participants
- Teacher evaluation rubric (CUSTOMIZABLE)
- 6 Reading Literature Preparation Guides
- 7 Reading Informational Text Preparation Guides
- 16 Reading Literature Conversation Starter Cards
- 12 Reading Informational Text Conversation Starter Cards
If you like this product or have thoughts on how to improve please leave me your feedback! Enjoy!
Common Core Aligned Collaborative Discussions (Grades 3-6)
by Raising Rigor
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License