Use of Thinking Maps within schools is a beneficial tool for responding to text across genres and grade levels. This is a pre-writing document that includes Flee Map posters and black lines for explanatory/informative, opinion, and narrative prompts!
You will find:
- A Flee Map explanation poster
- Explanatory/informative, narrative, and opinion writing standards poster that can be used on any focus wall, included on a bulletin board, etc.
- Flee Map black line (A Flee Map, derived from Thinking Maps, is a combination of the Tree Map and Flow Map.) This map provides students with a tool to organize their writing effectively, putting their ideas in order. This map could be used for any writing genre.
- Writing Outline/Flee Map Poster: Print and laminate to use on any Focus Wall and/or place in a page protector within student writing folders. I even run this through a poster maker to make an instant anchor chart! Encourage students to mirror the color coding scheme for a simplistic organizational strategy that is consistent across genres.
- Flee Map posters and black lines for all writing genres. These can be used for any prompt across grade levels!
Thank you for downloading! I hope you find this to be helpful within your own classroom! Feedback is much appreciated!
Below are standards based writing units that use the Flee Map as pre-writing planning:
Veteran's Day Explanatory/Informative Writing
KG Drops of Jupiter Font
KG Always a Good Time Font
KG SecondChances Chalkboard Font
KG Chasing Cars Font
D'Nealian Style Family Fonts-Fonts4Teachers
Stella Jumbo Papers and Clip Art-Teaching Super Power
Doodle Face Pencil Clipart By Krista Wallden
School Subject Kidlettes by Melonheadz