Common core aligned graphic organizers were designed to help teachers meet the language arts common core standards for informational texts. This set of organizers meets the following common core standards for
• Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
• Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
• Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text.
• Know and use various text features (e.g., headings, tables of contents, glossaries, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text.
• Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas.
• Identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic
• Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
• Identify the main topic of a multiparagraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to grade level topic or subject
• Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
• Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
• Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic.