Looking for rigorous, CCSS-aligned literature circle jobs? Look no further!
Literature circle jobs include:
Central Idea Summarizer
CCSS-Aligned Learning Targets:
1. I can pose questions that elicit elaboration and respond to others' questions and comments with relevant observations and ideas that bring the discussion back on topic as needed. (SL.1a)
2. I can provide an objective summary of the text. (RL.2)
3. I can use strategies to comprehend complex literary texts. (CRRA.R.10)
4. I can determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative and connotative meanings. (RL.4)
5. I can read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and make logical inferences. (CRRA.R.1)
6. I can analyze how an author develops and contrasts the points of view of different characters or narrators in a text. (RL.6)
In my class, students read 20-30 pages independently, and complete their assigned job. When all group members have finished reading, they then meet as a group to discuss their reading and share their observations, insights, questions, and analyses!