Get organized, Support your Thinking! What to expect from this COMMON CORE ALIGNED WRITING PROJECT:
In this writing exercise, students are introduced to the five paragraph essay form.
THIS PACKET INTRODUCES AND INCLUDES:
Graphic Organizer (Essay Map)
Pages to Organize Thinking and to Frame out each Paragraph
After selecting a topic, students use a prewriting framework to organize their thinking and develop their arguments. Students will support their thinking, develop an introduction, three supporting points, and a conclusion tying up their argument.
This Writing Project is aligned with the Language Arts Common Core standards, as students learn to state an opinion and then support it in their writing.
Help your students develop their writing skills with this 5-Paragraph Essay Mini Writing Unit!
Like this Activity Pack? Be sure to check out my other great projects for Writing Workshop, both for sale and for free!
* Common Core Aligned Writing Projects: Writing for the End of the Year: Gr. 3-6
* Beyond Busy Work! 13 Projects, Games & Activities for Year End: Gr. 3-6
* 10 Writing Workshop Graphic Organizers for 2nd - 5th Grade
* A SmartBoard Intro to Dialogue: An Interactive Presentation for 2nd - 5th Grade
* An Interactive SmartBoard Introduction to Regular & Proper Nouns for Gr. 2-4
* An Intro to Poetry on the SmartBoard: A Two-Week Unit Featuring 10 Poetry Forms
* More Poetry: 2-Week Unit w/ 10 MORE Poetry Forms: Gr. 2-6 Student Activity Book
* Poetry: A 2-Week Unit Featuring 10 Poetry Forms: Gr. 2-6 Student Activity Book
* Poetry: A 4-Week Unit Featuring 20 Poetry Forms! Gr. 2-6 Student Activity Book
* Strategies to Improve Reports: a SmartBoard Presentation for 4th-6th Grade