Get organized, Be persuasive! What to expect from this COMMON CORE ALIGNED WRITING PROJECT:
This Student Activity Pack is broken into five sections: Introduction, Definition of Terms, Persuasive Essay Map Example, Blank Persuasive Essay Map, and a five-page Graphic Organizer to help organize each of the five paragraphs of the essay.
In this "Common Core Aligned Writing Projects: Persuasive Essays" Activity Pack, students are introduced to the terminology of a persuasive essay:
After determining a topic, students use a prewriting framework to organize their thinking and develop their argument. Students will support their thinking, develop a thesis statement, and support their thesis statement with three strong topic sentences each developed and supported by three supporting points. They will consider an argument against their point of view, and develop a counterclaim. Finally, students will tie up their argument in the conclusion.
This Writing Project is aligned with the Language Arts Common Core standards, as students learn to state an opinion and then support it in their writing.
Spice up your writing curriculum with Persuasive Essays!
Like this Activity Pack? Be sure to check out my other great projects for Writing Workshop, both for sale and for free!
* 10 Writing Workshop Graphic Organizers for 2nd - 5th Grade
* A SmartBoard Intro to Dialogue: An Interactive Presentation for 2nd - 5th Grade
* An Interactive SmartBoard Introduction to Regular & Proper Nouns for Gr. 2-4
* An Intro to Poetry on the SmartBoard: A Two-Week Unit Featuring 10 Poetry Forms
* More Poetry: 2-Week Unit w/ 10 MORE Poetry Forms: Gr. 2-6 Student Activity Book
* Poetry: A 2-Week Unit Featuring 10 Poetry Forms: Gr. 2-6 Student Activity Book
* Poetry: A 4-Week Unit Featuring 20 Poetry Forms! Gr. 2-6 Student Activity Book
* Strategies to Improve Reports: a SmartBoard Presentation for 4th-6th Grade