Argumentative Essay prompt created by The House of Roush.
Students spend time Close Reading both documents independently using the provided close read documents. After sharing evidence-based answers, teacher then leads the whole class through a short close reading activity for both documents.
Multiple writing support pieces are included for student use along with a sample student essay.
* Writing prompt directions
* Argumentative rubric
* Close reading handout for "If" by Rudyard Kipling
* Close reading handout for "Dauntless Manifesto" from Divergent by Veronica Roth
* Teacher directions for Whole Class Close Reading activities
* Commentary guide for students
* Argumentative Structure guide for students
* Sample student essay and teacher use ideas