EDI Common Core Listening, Speaking, and Writing with Reading Rainbow videos
• This is a complete set of 6 perpetual lessons using Reading Rainbow episodes to address the Common Core Speaking and Listening and Writing standards integrating the Explicit Direct Instruction techniques that your supervisor is looking for during walkthroughs.
• No preparation is required, and the only materials needed are your own copies of Reading Rainbow (which can be streamed from Discovery Streaming http://www.discoveryeducation.com//?ref=streaming&returnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fstreaming.discoveryeducation.com%2Findex.cfm with a subscription or purchased at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009PCCF34/ref=dv_dp_ep1/179-6534305-0489800 for $1.99 an episode of $24.99 a season), a pencil, and a white board or paper.
• Makes writing summaries and opinion pieces accessible to less fluent readers.
• Use whole class or in small groups, for core instruction and intervention.
• Use each lesson as often as you like with different episodes.
• Excellent resource for substitutes, aides, volunteers, parents, homeschoolers and paraprofessionals.
• Although written with Grade 3 in mind, these lessons are suitable for grade 2 (second grade), grade 3 (third grade), grade 4 (fourth grade), grade 5 (fifth grade) , special education, homeschool, and ELL (English Language Learners).
• Correlates to CCSS Common Core Standards 3.SL.1, 3.SL.2, 3.SL.4, 3.RI6; 3.RL6, 3.RL7, 3.RI10, 3.RL10, 3.L1, 3.L6, 3.W.4, 3.W.5, 3.W.8, 3.RI.2, 3.RI.3, 3.RI.7, 3.RI.8, 3.W1, 3.W.10, 3.L2 ,3.L3, 3.RL.9, 3.W.2,
• Conforms to the EDI (Explicit Direct Instruction) teaching model.