This product contains a 25-page unit plan on the structure and function of animal cells.
Lesson length: Four 50-minute instructional class periods with 1-3 classes for presentations.
- Detailed teacher instructions and supply lists
- Fill-in-the-blank Cell Labeling Diagram
- A fun, informational cell "newspaper"
- Cellular Structure and Function Chart activity
- Candy Cell "Lab" in which students create cell models out of candy
- Lab binder insert or worksheet to accompany the lab
- Research activity to study a single organelle in greater depth
- Worksheet to guide research
- Group Presentation Instructions
- Tips for creating a great slideshow
- Slide outline worksheet for group planning
- Self Evaluation Rubrics
- Peer Evaluation Rubrics
- Adaptations for ELL's, struggling learners, and advanced learners
- Answer keys for Cell Labeling Diagram, Structure/Function Chart, and Lab Binder insert
- Teacher Evaluation Rubrics for all other assignments
In addition to the resources included in the packet, you will need computers with internet access and some candy (list included) to complete all the activities.