This products contains a 34-page unit plan that compares and contrasts prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Activities are aligned to the Common Core, and there is an activity for each level of Bloom's taxonomy.
Lesson length: Five 50-minute instructional class periods with 1-3 classes for debates.
- Detailed teacher instructions and supply lists
- Two colorful information sheets for use throughout the unit
- Matching activity
- Venn Diagram activity
- "Mind Map" type graphic organizer
- Yogurt and Pond Water Lab in which students observe and compare prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells under a microscope
- Lab binder inserts or worksheets to accompany the lab
- Create a Cell project in which students design their own cell
- Worksheet to get students started on their project
- Research essay instructions and worksheets
- Instructions for a team debate on whether students would rather be a prokaryote or a eukaryote
- Answer keys for Matching activity, Venn Diagram activity, graphic organizer, lab binder inserts, and create a cell worksheet
- Teacher evaluation rubrics for all other assignments
In addition to the resources included in the packet, you will need index cards, microscopes and slides, yogurt, and pond water to complete all the activities.