This is a work in progress as I am moving toward developing my Common Core Centers. These are the signs that I will put at my centers (I put them in a clear plastic standing picture frame). So far these are the centers that I have:
- Word Hunt Vocabulary - I am going to put the weekly vocabulary cards with the word hunt vocabulary paper at this center.
- Text Talking* - I love this center because the students are actually having great common core chats about text. I will put the Treasures text talk cards at my center, but if you don't do Treasures - you can use the "Text Talk for ANY story".
- Story Study* - any common core activities on whatever book you happen to be be studying
- Read All About It Grammar Center*
- Writing Center - I am working on making weekly writing lessons for this, but you can put any writing activity here.
- Information Station - Common Core wants us to do a lot more informational text - so this will be science and/or social studies text activities.
- Foundational Skills - I am working on activities for this, but this center should have Phonics skills, letter tiles, etc...
Please let me know if you have any other good ideas. I will update this as we go. Thanks.
- Fluency - Fluency passages with sand timers
- Retelling - Retell the story with sequencing strips, flannelboard pieces, retelling cards or writing.
Text talk for any Literature Story
Read All About It Grammar