EDI Common Core Close Perpetual Phonics and Language Authentic Text-based Lessons
• This is a complete set of 33 Common Core lessons divided into 12 levels to teach and reinforce phonics and language skills authentically using your classroom reading passages, fiction or non-fiction. The lessons all incorporate Explicit Direct Instruction techniques that your supervisor is looking for during walkthroughs.
• No preparation is required, and the only materials needed are your own reading passages, a pencil, and lined paper, Your reading passages remain unspoiled to be used again next year.
• Easily adapts to digital reading materials.
• The semi-independent nature of the lessons frees the teacher to pull a small group or circulate throughout the classroom.
• Use whole class or in small groups, for core instruction and intervention.
• Use each lesson as often as necessary until the skill is mastered. Return to previous lessons for test preparation review.
• Excellent resource for substitutes, aides, volunteers, parents, homeschoolers and paraprofessionals.
• Used successfully with SRA reading lab, Open Court Reading, Evan Moor Reading Comprehension, Kelly Wingate Reading Comprehension, Houghton Mifflin Science, and worksheets from http://www.k12reader.com/subject/3rd-grade-reading-comprehension-worksheets/ and edHelper.com.
• Although written with Grade 3 in mind, these lessons are suitable for grade 2 ( second grade), grade 3 (third grade), grade 4 (fourth grade), grade 5 (fifth grade) , special education, homeschool, and ELL (English Language Learners).
• Correlates to CCSS Common Core Standards 3.RL.10, 3.RI.10, 3.RL.7, 3.RI.7, 3.W.4, 3.L.1a, 3.L.1b, 3.L.2f, 3.RF.4, 3.L.1d,e, 3.L.1a,f, 3.RL.4, 3.RI.4, 3.L.4d, 3.RF.4d, 3.RF.10, 3.RI.10, 3.L.2e, 3.L.3a, 3.L.5, 3.L.6, 3.RF.4d, 3.RF.3a, 3.L.1g, 3.W.8, 3.L.1h, 3.L.1c, 3.L.5c, 3.RL.4
• Conforms to the EDI (Explicit Direct Instruction) teaching model.