Rockin’ the Regents - Hot Tips for Students. The strategies in this packet have helped students who entered high school reading years below grade level pass the Common Core English Regents with scores at the College Ready level. These printables and writing templates are a great supplement to your work in English class, and especially helpful for after school or Saturday tutoring, or the crunch time getting ready for Regents exams in January and June. This packet has been developed over years of working with students as a special education and English teacher in a Title 1 school in Brooklyn. I like to print the tip sheets on heavy colored paper for students to keep in their binders as a reference!
This Packet Contains:
1. Part One: Multiple Choice Tip Sheet
2. Part Two: Argument Tip Sheet
3. Graphic Organizer for Argumentative Writing
4. Counterargument Scaffolded Writing Template
5. Part Three: Textual Analysis Tip Sheet
6. Part Three Textual Analysis Scaffolded Writing Template
7. Mindfulness Tips for the Regents – Stay Calm and Rock On!