This is a packet of assessment/exit slips that can be used as an easy way to check and see how your class is doing. There are assessment/exit slips for each kindergarten geometry (K.G.) standard. The slips are put 4 per page to save on printing. The standard is listed at the bottom of each page.
- K.G.A.1— 10 total slips -- identifying each: below, above, beside, in front of, behind, 1 slip for: matching shapes to their real life shape match (pg. 3-14)
Describe objects in the environment using names of shapes, and describe the relative positions of these objects using terms such as above, below, beside, in front of, behind, and next to.
- K.G.A.2— 8 total slips -- identifying each shape: circle, square, rectangle, triangle, cylinder, cube, cone and sphere (pg. 15-22)
Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
- K.G.A.3— 4 total slips -- identifying: 2-d shapes and 3-d shapes (pg. 23-26)
Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, "flat") or three-dimensional ("solid").
- K.G.B.4— 4 total slips -- comparing attributes of 2-d and 3-d shapes (pg. 27-30)
Analyze and compare two- and three-dimensional shapes, in different sizes and orientations, using informal language to describe their similarities, differences, parts (e.g., number of sides and vertices/"corners") and other attributes (e.g., having sides of equal length).
- K.G.B.5— 4 total slips -- drawing shapes: circle, square, rectangle, triangle (pg. 31-34)
Model shapes in the world by building shapes from components (e.g., sticks and clay balls) and drawing shapes.
- K.G.B.6— 2 total slips -- using smaller shapes to compose a larger shape (pg. 35-36)
Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes.
Standards information found at: http://www.corestandards.org/Math/Content/K/G/