Common Core Aligned with Using Visual Models to add and subtract fractions. Grades 3-5
Build concrete understanding of equal representations, common denominator and logical reasoning. This is NOT a worksheet, but rather a learning activity designed to incorporate a teacher discussion while facilitating learning.
35 pages total of teacher directions, task cards, answer pages, and games.
Enough to keep your students thinking for 4 days.
Table of Contents:
I. Pattern Blocks (Common Core grade 3 and 4) Instructor Notes and Desk Pattern Block Strip
1. 10 Addition & subtraction task cards
2. Answer recording sheets for students
3. Answer key for teachers 2 pages with explanations/discussion points.
4. BONUS FREE: Caterpillar Fill up Game Students practice adding fractions with pattern blocks to build a caterpillar consisting of 4 whole hexagons. Game Instruction Sheet, Game board, Fraction question cards.
II. Clock model (circle model) (Common Core grade 4 and 5)
1. Label a clock with fractions and Teacher instruction pages
2. 12 Addition task cards
3. 12 Subtraction task cards
4. Answer recording sheets for students
5. Answer key for teachers
6. BONUS FREE: Game Rock Around The Clock. Students practice adding fractions using a clock game board to get as close to a whole as possible. Game Instruction Sheet, Game Board, Fraction Question cards, Recording Sheet.
(The purple and brown Pattern Block pieces can by found at the following website. http://www.enasco.com/product/TB15438T I brought two sets to add to the pattern block set I already had in my classroom.)
Adorable clipart from http://www.mycutegraphics.com/
Become a follower of my store, I update items weekly with Common Core aligned learning activities.