The problems and activities within this document are designed to assist students in achieving the following standards: G.SRT.6 & G.SRT.8 as well as the standards for mathematics practice and the literacy standards. They are also designed to help the teacher assess the students’ abilities when it comes to working with the ideas within the standards.
This document contains the following:
- project directions
- scoring rubric
- C.S.I. Application - "Help the Crime Scene Investigators" section, which involves solving real world problems using the trigonometric ratios
- C.I.A. Application - "Help the Central Intelligence Agency" section, which involves solving real world problems using the trigonometric ratios
- Law Enforcement Application - "Help the Police" Section, which involves explaining an issue using the Pythagorean Theorem
- Students Investigate - "Research" section, which requires students to research other fields of work and careers that use trigonometry
- Creation - "Be Creative" section, which requires students to create and solve a problem that requires trigonometry
- Bonus Point Opportunity!
*Of course, you can rearrange the problems in this document for use as class work, homework, quizzes, tests, etc. as you wish!
About my Products:
While the PARCC assesses many of the mathematical practice standards, I aim to create many problems and activities that require students to apply the skills outlined in the performance level descriptors. I believe that the more students are exposed to such types of work, the more likely they are to develop a conceptual understanding of the concepts & of their own learning, succeed on the PARCC, and hence the more likely they are to be prepared for success in college and/or their future careers. If you happen to have any questions or concerns regarding anything your purchase (or download for free), please do not hesitate to contact me! Have a wonderful school year! :)