To use the lapbook, all you have to do is copy the pages that are included. Students cut these out and attach them to the file folders which have been stapled together. Sheets include
· Blank pages for students to summarize the action of the book as it takes place
· A section for students to record questions they would like to discuss
· A section for new vocabulary words
· A character list with space for students to include character traits
· A section for what comes next in the story
· A foldable of literary terms which are used in the novel.
As the book is read, students complete each section, so by the end of the book, they have a synopsis to not only help them remember the text, but to help them understand what they have read and make connections.