This 8 page packet is intended to be used as a guide for students and teachers when teaching unit 1 of the third grade math common core standards. It includes NBT1, 2, 3 along with the ongoing standards MD3 and MD4.
Each map breaks down each standard into topics and includes vocabulary, essential questions, and examples.
In my classroom, I use the maps in the following ways:
1. Make a poster out of each one to post in the classroom so that it is easily visible.
2. Post student work samples around the learning map to show mastering of each standard
3. Print a copy to keep with my lesson plans to help guide my teaching.
4. Print a copy for students to keep in their notebooks.
5. Print a blank copy for students with some or all of it missing and have them fill in the parts at the end of each unit.
6. You could even use it as a prewriting for an expository writing assignment about math.
7. I would teach each topic separately and test them separately and then assess the whole unit together on a unit test.
Please see more of the innovative ways that I teach at http://tricksoftheteachingtrade.blogspot.com/ or by "Liking" my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/tricksoftheteachingtrade